Chichen Itza tour from Cancun
|Duration: 12 hours, since Chichen Itza is a four-hour drive from Cancun (times are estimate).|
Chichen Itza tour from Cancun
Come with us to explore Chichen Itza Mexico, an indisputable cultural referent for Mexicans, an identity symbol, and a true wonder of our pre-Columbian past! Chichen Itza in Southeastern Mexico is one of the most important ancient Maya cities and one of those Cancun tours you just can't miss on your next vacation.
The most impressive building in Chichen Itza is known as El Castillo or Kukulcan Pyramid, but the whole city is a true wonder of pre-columbian architecture, so make sure to bring your camera with enough battery and available memory space!
Through our tour of Chichen Itza, which is arguably among the best Cancun activities, you'll get to visit the Great Ball Court, The Temple of the Warriors, El Caracol, Las Monjas, and many more structures along with the Cenote Sagrado (Sacred Cenote), a natural sinkhole which was a place of pilgrimage where ancient Mayas conducted sacrifices.
Cenotes were considered a portal to the underworld and were also the only source of water in the Maya world. They are still so important and beautiful that right after finishing our Chichen Itza tour we'll head to a cenote which is a few miles away so you can swim in its crystal clear waters and get some great photos!
- Round trip transportation in a deluxe bus with air conditioning and a restroom
- Bilingual tour guide
- Express stop at Valladolid
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Two-hour and a half guided tour at the archaeological site *
- An hour to explore Chichen Itza on your own *
- Buffet lunch
- Visit to a cenote
* Times are estimate.
Does not include
- Any beverages
- Photo or video services
- Use of lockers, life jackets, or towels at the cenote
- Snacks or any food other than buffet lunch
- Other activities at Chichen Itza or at the cenote
- Souvenirs, handicrafts, clothes, etc.
- Any other product or service not mentioned on the inclusions list
Gallery - click to view full size photos
Additional Information / RecommendationsNotes:
- Please reach us by dialing the toll free number shown on our home page to know if the pick up service is available at your hotel or if you have to go to a meeting point, and also to know the location of such meeting point (make sure to call in advance)
- Your transportation schedule will be sent by email after booking, including pick-up and drop-off times, as well as meeting points
- Child rates are valid for 4-to 11-year-olds
- Children up to three years old do not pay
- It would be a good idea to carry some cash
- Do not bring heavy backpacks
- Wear comfortable clothes, shoes, and sunglasses
- Wear a cap or a hat and a swimsuit
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen
- Bring a towel
- If you have any health or physical problem please contact us before you make your reservation so we can provide you with advice on the matter
- Please dial the toll-free number you will see on our homepage if you have any questions before, during or after booking this tour
The prices of products and services in this WEB site may be published in different currencies, for charges, the amount of the transaction will be converted and charged in US dollars or Mexican Pesos depending your account currency using the currency exchange rate of the bank or the one published in the Mexico´s Official Gazette.